FORCE are a fun bunch of people who care about the local environment where they live and play. Our members are keen cyclists, ornithologists, dog walkers, environmental warriors, fishermen, football players and walkers. In fact, we come from all walks of life with lots of diverse interests and views. The thing we have in common is our enjoyment of the green spaces of the River Crane, both wild areas and cultivated park areas. FORCE would love you to join us in supporting the Crane whether you have an hour or two each month or more time. You can get help in a number of ways.
We are also seeking suitable persons to help with the charity. There are a number of vacancies for volunteers to support its work across various portfolios as listed below. One or more of these volunteer roles could also be as a Trustee. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or to meet up informally to talk through the role or about any other aspect of volunteering for FORCE, please email that address and we will be very pleased to meet you, at a time and location convenient for you.
- Organiser for Volunteer Sundays - Trustee Martin O'Gara who has organised Volunteer Sundays for the past 10 years is taking well-earned retirement. The role description requests someone who can:
- plan our work programme throughout the year
- survey the site of each workday and agree tasks in advance
- organise volunteers, team leaders and tasks on workdays.
- Chair Gary Backler who has been a Trustee for many years. His 3 year expires in 2024/4 and a replacement is sought. If you would like to lead a dedicated group of professional Trustees and FORCE as an organisation please take a look at the role description.
- Planning Lead for issues of planning policy and/or specific planning developments : role description
- Organiser for Duke of Edinburgh Award - An opportunity to help our successful Duke of Edinburgh’s Award programme. This person will promote to students, monitor their activities, plus help complete the student's assessment at the end of their assignment.
- Administration - a mix of activities such as posting on social media, walks, mailing members, etc. Your help, small or large would be very helpful
- Surveys Manager - If you would like to get involved in our survey work we need someone to organise our twice-yearly rota of volunteers and make up clipboards. Here is the role description. If you are interested in this home-based opportunity, or have any questions, please email email@example.com.
- Occasional legal advice on a pro bono basis