FORCE can offer 2 opportunities for DofE students - a place at our volunteer work days and litter picking (Bronze Award only).
Litter picking (Bronze Award only) : Litter picking helps keep Crane Park and open spaces along the River Crane clean and free of the damaging effects of litter. We suggest 12 litter picks in Crane Park or the surrounding streets for the Bronze Award with each pick being a minimum of 1 hour. We can provide a litter picker (on loan) and ask students to keep a journal recording the amount and type of litter collected.
If you are interested in litter picking for your volunteering activity please get in touch with us via email@example.com so we can provide you with more details on what is involved and help get you started.
Volunteer work days : FORCE takes on small groups of DoE students (plus responsible adult) every three months. Our next set of activities will start in October 2022. Any students wishing to be considered for this should complete the registration form below. This should be returned no later than two weeks before the start of the first session. Regrettably places are limited.
Volunteering sessions begins at 10.30am and end around 3.30pm with a break for refreshments. Please bring your own lunch. We work around the local area and will provide you with the full details of where to meet as well as with a mobile number to contact in case of any difficulties. Activities vary and you will need warm and waterproof clothing plus wellies / stout shoes. Gloves and any other safety equipment will be provided by FORCE.
- Learn practical conservation skills
- Learn to work as a team
- Make a difference to their environment and understand why it matters
You may also get the opportunity to get involved in other activities such as:-
- Tools Maintenance - ensuring that tools are clean and serviceable so that everyone has the correct tools for the job that they are doing, ensuring that all tools are collected in.
- Volunteer day recording - keeping a record of all the work carried out on the day, before and after photos, writing up the activity.
- Survey work - this could be footfall, impact of people surveys (worn footpaths, rubbish etc) or simple wildlife survey work. Write it up and publish on FORCE website
To request a volunteer place please complete the Registration form online (and accepted by your parent or guardian if you are under 18). Once we have accepted your application and confirmed your registration you can find details of our Volunteer Sundays here.