LEARN for All
Learn for Families and Individuals
Why not have an adventure in the park using our activity sheets or keep a wildlife diary of your walks in the parks?
These information sheets and family activities can be used while out and about.
Learn about Crane Valley
- Family activities: A-Z grid | Senses | Plants I saw | If you saw it, tick it
- Family activities on Dragonfly Trail
- Habitat sheets: Mereway | Crane Park
- Keep a wildlife diary of your walks. Use a Diary front cover and sketches to colour and illustrate: Blackbird | Blossom | Butterfly | Fox | Kingfisher Bridge | Robin | Shot Tower | Stag Beetle
Spending time in nature is associated with improved health & wellbeing so when time outside is limited it is important to make the most of local opportunities. The River Crane has many spaces to explore. Each week for the next few weeks we will share a topic or activities for home schooling, challenges and exploring the River Crane which can be done from home. More details.
- Parks and their value : Three activities about your parks for all the family
- Watery Words : Did you know Charles Dickins visited Crane Park ? Write some flash fiction or create poetry.
- Arty Crane : Activities to make a model riverbank or take photographs or paint a river scene.
- Bug Hunt : Search for minibeasts, or use our photographs
- Investigate Plants & Lichens : Draw a plant or identify lichen
- Bridges : Count the bridges over the River Crane.
Learn more in the Crane Valley
- Why not attend some of our formal sessions? We run a Community Learning programme where you can learn traditional skills such as hedge laying See our Events Calendar for more details.
- We have a programme of walks and talks. See the Events Calendar for details and booking links.
Share your adventure
We love to hear from you. Send us an E-Mail or photograph if you would like to share with us.